Monash Student Athlete Profile: Evelyn Boldt

Evelyn Boldt


SPORT: Swimming

NICKNAME: “Boldt”   

PROUDEST SPORTING ACHIEVEMENT TO DATE: Qualifying for this year’s World Championship Trials after being sick. 

HOW MANY AUG’S HAVE YOU PLAYED (INCLUDING 2015): 2

WHEN DID YOU START COMPETING? 2006

WHAT GOT YOU STARTED COMPETING: When I lived in New Zealand we had a pool at our school where we did school racing. I also swam outside of my school for a club but I was able to race at school before I eventually raced for my club.  

FAVOURITE ATHLETE GROWING UP? Libby Trickett and recently Bronte and Cate Campbell.   

FAVOURITE STADIUM? SOPAC  

WOULD YOU PREFER TO BE THE UNDERDOG OR THE FAVOURITE? Underdog  

BEFORE A RACE I ALWAYS... Take a few deep breaths and find a sense of calm within myself to allow my body to do what it has trained to do.

WHEN I’M NOT AT UNI, COMPETING OR TRAINING I AM...Working as a swim teacher, tutoring and spending time with my family and partner.  

FUN FACT: I love History and if I could choose to meet any person from history it would be Queen Elizabeth I.  

Popular Posts